Netgear extenders have been one ofthe best WiFi devices in the realm of the internet. Whether you want to watchmovies or play games online, the connectivity and speed offered by Netgear extenders are at par. That is why most people prefer to intsall Netgear extenders at their homes. But, do you know how to set up a Netgear extender? Well, there are three different methods to perform Netgear extender setup. To explore these methods, let’s dive deep into it.
Various Methods of Netgear ExtenderSetup
A Netgear extender can be set up bythe following methods:
• WPS method
• Manual Method
• Using the NetgearNighthawk app
1. Netgear Extender SetupVia WPS Method
This is the easiest method to set upyour Netgear extender. In this method, you can set up your extender just bypressing a button. Here’s how to set up your extender via WPS method:
• Unbox your Netgearextender. Also, take out the Ethernet cable, antennas, and user manual from thebox.
• Assemble the extenderand plug it into a working wall outlet.
• Switch on the Powerbutton and wait for the LED light on the extender to glow green.
• Locate the WPS button onyour extender.
• Once found, press it.
• As soon as you releasethe WPS button, your Netgear extender will configure.
Can’t locate the WPS button on yourextender? No worries! You can still set up your extender. Let’s discuss thesteps to set up your Netgear extender via the Manual method.
2. Netgear Extender SetupUsing the Manual Method
To set up your Netgear extender byaccessing the Web GUI, you need to perform Netgear Genie login. Followthe steps given below to perform extender setup using this method:
• Power up your extender.
• Don’t proceed until theLED light stabilizes.
• Connect the extender androuter. You can connect both devices either wirelessly or via an Ethernetcable.
• Turn on your PC and opena web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, AppleSafari, etc.
Note: Use an updated version of your web browser and make sure toclear its browsing history, cookies, and cache.
• Once done, press the Enter key.
• Enter the extender’s default credentials in the requiredfields.
• Click the Log In button.
• Follow the on-screen instructions on the Netgear Genie setupwizard to proceed.
3. Netgear Extender Setup Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
Can’t accessthe mywifiext page? You can still set up your extender using the Netgear Nighthawk app. Follow thebelow-listed steps to install your extender using the Nighthawk app:
• Assemble your Netgear extender after unboxing and turn it onby plugging it into a working wall socket.
• Establish a connection between the extender and router.
• Now, unlock your phone and open Play Store (Android) or AppStore (iOS).
• Download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app.
• Launch the app once installed.
• Create a Netgear account.
• Enter the default credentials in the required fields and tapthe Log In button.
• Once you get logged in to your extender, the Basic Homescreen will appear.
• Follow the instructions displayed on the Basic Home screen toproceed.
Tarious Methods of Netgear Extender Setup up your Netgear extender. You can configure yourextender using any of these methods and access the high-speed internet in every corner of your home.