A large number of error codes keep obstructing QuickBooks users frequently. While certain errors relate to the update process, others pertain to a damaged company file or QB-related issues. The QuickBooks error code 6154 is one such error that shows up when the user tries to open company files. As a result of this error, users cannot access their company files, thereby causing a complete standstill.
Through this lucid blog, our team shall make sure that the QuickBooks error message 6154 doesn’t become a source of botheration for users anymore and gets uprooted once and for all.
What causes QuickBooks error code 6154?
One or more of the following reasons lead to QuickBooks Error 6154:
- The company file which the user is trying to access may be corrupted or damaged for some particular reason.
- The user might not be logged in as an administrator in QuickBooks
- Wrong file path may be another reason behind this error code.
- The user is trying to open a deleted company file.
How to troubleshoot Error 6154 in QuickBooks?
After going through the different causes that contribute to QuickBooks Error 6154, it is now time to go through the various remedial solutions for such errors.
1st Solution: Logging in as admin into your system
In this method, users are required to restart their PC and then again log in using the administrator credentials. Subsequently, an attempt should be made to re-launch QuickBooks and access the company file again to check for the annihilation of such issue.
2nd Solution: Resetting the Sync manager
It is advisable to transfer all the important QB-related files to some different folder before resetting the Sync manager. For convenience, users should make a new folder on the Desktop and then transfer the company files to that folder. Now, start off the resetting process by following the steps below:
- Launch QuickBooks and then head to the Help
- Herein, the user should hit on the Manage data sync
- After that, opt for resetting the Sync Manager. For this, the user will be required to enter his/her login credentials.
3rd Solution: Syncing Folder containing Company files
If there is a situation where the folder containing the company files is not synced with QuickBooks, then also the QuickBooks error 6154 may pop up. Under such situations, the users need to make sure that the folder is synced with QuickBooks. The procedure is as follows:
- In the beginning, the user is required to move to the C drive and, after that, opt for the option for syncing the folder. This action will start the sync process of all the company files contained in the folder.
- Subsequently, the user should launch QuickBooks again and now make another attempt at accessing the company file to examine if the QuickBooks Error message 6154 got dealt with.
You may also read : Techwithgeeeks – Guide to know streaming platforms
We conclude this article hoping that the steps in this piece of writing assisted users in getting the Error code 6154 fixed in QuickBooks desktop. Hopefully, you should now be able to open your company files without any further hurdles.
If, however, the error still keeps on perpetuating, then, in that case, we advise you to reach out to our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team via our helpline i.e., +1-800-615-2347 for indomitable assistance.